Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Jewish Reggae

Sounds a little strange, huh? Jewish reggae? Well, it's actually really cool, and I'm getting into it a lot. Matisyahu's a Hasidic Jew, which are the really devout Jews, and His lyrics can be appreciated by anyone in the Judeo-Christian realm, I'd say, though I can't understand a lot of them because he sings so fast sometimes.

Still, it's cool and you should check it out. Here's his site: Matisyahu The best song is "King Without a Crown" on the "Live at Stubb's" Album, which is totally different than the older album. He's going to be here in Atlanta on the 16th but unfortunately the tickets have long since sold out.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lindie Wolf said...

Wow.. That's unbelievable. It must be crazy interesting to see him live. I have been to Stubb's though - good ol' Austin, Texas for you.

Thu Feb 09, 10:16:00 AM  
Blogger sajini said...

Hey Jonathan.. This guy i$s amazing.. I recently got exposed to him. I'll see him next month in NYC. Hoping for a great performance...

Thu Feb 09, 01:28:00 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

very interesting

Thu Feb 09, 02:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so rad!!!

Fri Feb 10, 05:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeeeaaaahhhhh booooiiiieeeeeyyyyY!

You know how I like reggae music (I though you weren't into reggae Jonathan?)

Anyway...yeah, this guy actually appears on P.O.D.'s new album (which, in case you haven't heard yet, is HOT TO DEF CUZIN "OH MY BLITZIN'!"). I've been hearing this guy for a while. In terms of his ability, no doubt he's good, but he doesn't really do the kind of reggae I like (but don't get it twisted--he's good).

Mon Feb 13, 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger Nunzia said...

hmm... that IS strange... What have you been up to??

Tue Feb 21, 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger J. C. Ashby said...

Jonathan,

Your posts never cease to amaze me and perk my 5-second attention span. ;) I'll make sure to check out this jivin' rabbi.

I pray all is well with you.

Mon Feb 27, 09:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude...your worse than me (and sometimes I don't post for three weeks)!!!!!

WHASSAAAPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your letting you gift fall asleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....zzzzzzzzzz

(no, that was not a tornado) BUT OH MY GOSH YOU CANT SEE WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHH!!!!!
PERFECT MASSES OF UNABLITERATED MACHINERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 23, 08:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home