Saturday, January 21, 2006

To be a fish

I don't recall if I've ever been to any aquariums in my life. I thought my sister's aquarium was the biggest thing ever because it holds 50 gallons and houses a mammoth beastly Jack Dempsey fish she calls Meyer. It had a twin named oscar that we ate about 7 years ago. Okay we didn't eat it, but it does make you think, what exactly is in a hot dog?

Anyway, Jeannine bought us season passes to the Georgia Aquarium, one of the biggest in the world, and so we've already been once, and it was pretty amazing. It's funny though, the strange people you run into when you go to a public place like that. This one guy acted like he was gonna hunt me down and kill me because he told me a full grown large squid could stuff its whole body through a hole the diameter of a pencil, and my response was "I'll believe that when i see it." I tried to walk away, but he started following me and Jeannine and defending this information. We walked away faster, he walked faster.

Note to self: when encountering creepy guy at Aquarium, distract him and run away.

So it was a nice place, and if you're in the Atlanta area, I recommend seeing the aquarium. But don't talk to anyone! Keep to yourself. The piranhas were pretty cool, I had to stick my whole head in the tank to bring you this picture, though.

9 Comments:

Blogger J. C. Ashby said...

Wow! Somebody's blog site got a face lift... :)

Glad to see you guys had fun watching fish for the day. I'm no one to talk: I'm the fly-fishing FANATIC! I'd probably be hovering over the great white display, bamboo rod-in-hand, trying to land the bulky suckers! :)

Talk to you soon, J-Man. I hope all is well...

Sat Jan 21, 12:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude...I don't remember you asking my permission to download that medical picture from my dentist...

Sun Jan 22, 12:50:00 AM  
Blogger Jeannine said...

the guy seemed pretty passionate about octopi. i'm glad we got away while we could.

Sun Jan 22, 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Speaking of sharks...

I bought the coolest looking DVD at Kroger the other night for $1. It's called Night of the Sharks. It's looks totally craptacular. You have to come over so we can watch it.

Oh, and I also bought a little movie called Thrashin' on DVD. It came in the mail the other day. (Also, I noticed that you don't have it listed on your profile as one of your favorite movies.)

Wed Jan 25, 10:17:00 AM  
Blogger Nunzia said...

wow it's been a while since ive visited the page.. a lot of changes! i've missed a lot!

Tue Jan 31, 05:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"CRAPTACULAR" - that good, Imah havetah steel dat

Tue Jan 31, 09:26:00 PM  
Blogger Kaitlin said...

you know, that last picture is quite frightening.

my only complaint about the layout is the font. i'm not much of a fan of time new roman and that seems to be the default text type since i doubt the designer of the blog would choose to give you such a... blah text.;)

there's a creepy guy at the aquarium?

Wed Feb 01, 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Jeannine said...

thanks for your complaint, kait.

Fri Feb 03, 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Kaitlin said...

i was not complaining, dear sis. i was making an observation. :p

Fri Feb 03, 11:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home