Thursday, December 29, 2005

Voicemail shortcuts

Here's something little and seemingly insignificant that might help those of you who use cell phones:

When you call a friend and have to wait through hours of instructions/boring answer messages to leave a voicemail, here is the button to press to SKIP the instructions and greeting, so you can leave a message without costing yourself all those daytime minutes while you wait for the voicemailbox to finally beep...

Verizon - press * (Star)
Sprint/Nextel - press 1 (one)
Cingular - press 5 (five) - this one took me a few tries to figure out!
T-Mobile - press 1 (one) - sometimes, but sometimes this doesn't work. If anyone knows why, your information would be useful.

Another thing about cell phones: you pretty much are going to get about the same service with any company, so you have to pick based on customer service. I highly recommend against using Sprint, at all costs, because I've used 4 different cell phone providers and the worst customer service and pricing is with Sprint.

What company do you think is the worst?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jonathan...I tried calling you, but I got the answering machine. I didn't feel like waiting through the message so I just thought I would call back later. Yeah. andimout

Sun Jan 01, 08:24:00 PM  
Blogger Lorie said...

Thanks for the info. I'm a Sprint user. Mostly because that's what my family chose and I piggy-backed on their plan. Which service would you recommend?

Tue Jan 03, 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

By the by, shouldn't you change your location on your profile to Georgia now?

Wed Jan 04, 08:22:00 AM  
Blogger Colettie said...

my family has used sprint for over 10 years and there hasn't been problems. maybe you should ask "what company is the best?" because it's a lot more positive and not mean.

Sun Jan 08, 06:32:00 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Do you no longer blog in the real world?

Wed Jan 11, 04:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J-ROCKAH J-ROCKAH

It was good talking to you the other day. I hope to hear from you soon in the blog world.

"B"

Fri Jan 13, 03:22:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I started with Sprint back about 8 years ago- wow has it been that long?!?- anyway... I have never had any problems with them- actually out of all of my friends, I am the only one who had no problems at all- I loved Sprint! The coverage was great- the Nationwide plan was great... customer service- wonderful! Unless they have changed in the past year (or I just had nicer service reps)... However, when I get back to the States- I most likely go with Verizon b/c my whole famliy has it and well, free mobile to mobile will be nice!

Fri Jan 13, 11:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home