Monday, December 12, 2005

Graduation from Southern Seminary

I was trying not to think of anything but the steps I was taking as I walked across the stage of alumni chapel to accept my diploma. But in the back of my mind, I couldn't completely silence the nostalgic thoughts that were reminding me that an important season of my life has come to a close, and a new beginning is just around the corner. My girlfriend and family came up to see me walk, and some friends from around here stopped by also.

Friday night we saw the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe, and I have to say that I really enjoyed that movie. I hope everyone goes to see it. It had to be one of the best movies I've ever seen. Hooray for disney.

Saturday the streets were backed up for miles near the mall exits. I couldn't figure out why, and then I remembered that it's that time of year when people forget about humanity and lose all sense of civilization because they want to get the best deals on some kind of materialistic possession. I watched as multiple cars had near-miss accidents and I cringed at the rudeness of the people everywhere.

Sunday I went to eat at the Cheesecake factory after church. It was pretty good, but if you go there, get the cheesecake and not any of the food, because the food's okay but not as good as the money it costs, and the cheesecake is phenomenal, though you pay about SEVEN BUCKS a piece. Yes, seven dollars, one piece. Sunday night I got to visit several of my friends that I will probably not see again for a LONG time. It was sad to have to say good-bye, and it was a reminder that we're constantly on the move and will make new friends throughout life that we don't get to keep around us. Change can be a good thing, but it can also be a very hard thing. This ends another chapter of my life, soon to begin a new one.

Does anyone kind of feel burnt out on blogging? It was actually nice to take a break for a while. If you haven't done that, I'd recommend taking about a week or two like I did, and not blog.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jeannine said...

jonathan, i am so glad i was able to be there for such an important event in your life! you've really achieved something worthy to be proud of. thank you for letting me celebrate it with you :)

oh, chronicles of narnia...a movie definitely worth seeing. i loved seeing a book from my childhood played out on the big screen. fabulous.

the cheesecake factory was delicious. not surprisingly, the cheesecake was divine.

Tue Dec 13, 12:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, It was nice meeting you Jeannine! I regret that I didn't get to spend more time with you guys.

Yeah, it's a new chapter, but the same author. That's our foundation for hope; faith in future grace. CONGRADUATIONS!

Tue Dec 13, 02:43:00 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

amen Bradley...Jonathan..I didn't realize you were graduating this term..congrats and welcome back to GEORGIA..if you're in Atlanta, come visit us!

Tue Dec 13, 09:01:00 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

I also took a break from blogging since late November. I had to because of work (finals at college and midterms at high school).

Can't wait to catch up on everything, J-Man. When can you come see us? I'll email you in a little bit, snookums.

Tue Dec 13, 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Jeannine said...

i was very glad to finally meet you, too, bradley!

and i sure hope jonathan can find a job in athens...or at least somewhere in the vicinity :)

Tue Dec 13, 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger J. C. Ashby said...

I'm so sorry for not being at the Cafeteria when you and Jeanine dropped by, Jonathan. Lord willing, when my car gets fixed, maybe we can arrange a road-trip to Georgia to come see you and your lady. :)

It'll be strange without you, bro...but we all wish you the best; and know the Lord has BIG plans for you.

Tue Dec 13, 07:53:00 PM  
Blogger Nunzia said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That is so wonderful! and I have to say... I really enjoyed the film too.... It definitely exceeded my expectations!

Wed Dec 14, 02:09:00 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Congrats! I know that is an accomplishment you are proud of. Graduations are always bitter sweet. Look forward with anticipation to what God has in store! Blessings on your new life in GA. You gotta admit though KY is the best state in the U.S. :)

Wed Dec 14, 02:16:00 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

I get my blogging fix every once in a while, then I get burnt out for a spell. It cycles.

Congrats on your graduation!

I too thought The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe was well done. Can't wait for the others to show up on the big screen!

And Cheesecake Factory -- YUM!

Thu Dec 15, 08:30:00 AM  
Blogger leslie said...

i know I don't know you, even though we have mutual friends...but reading your post and seeing all the pics of your girlfriend, leads me to ask the question...so, when are you getting engaged?

sorry, I had to state the obvious :-)

congrats!

Thu Dec 22, 12:09:00 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

When I've paid off my debt and saved up for a ring... so sometime around 2055.

Thu Dec 22, 11:22:00 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

Congrats and merry christmas!

Sun Dec 25, 11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home