Saturday, October 01, 2005

Invest in Disney?

Legal Disclaimer: I have no stock investments in Disney, nor am I in any way a company owner or shareholder.

Throughout my life, I've thought of things I wish I could go back in time and tell my parents to invest in. Have you ever wished you could do that? For instance, back in the 80's I wished my parents would have invested in Gatorade and Nike, because at school I noticed that everybody who was anybody had a pair of Nike Air shoes, and you started seeing Gatorade everywhere, because for a while it was the only sports drink on the market. I also wish my parents could've invested in Coca-cola; think of all the people now who are related to someone who "has a bunch of coke stock" and is wealthy now. I personally know of quite a few of these people. If you look at the ring in the picture, you'll see "CocaCola" in the markings.

Then in 1997, Dell was released on the market. No one had heard of it, HP and Gateway were the big deal, if you weren't using Apple products. My econ teacher told me to invest in it. "Invest what?" I thought. Now look at Dell. Everyone I go to school with has one.

Now about Disney; Eisner has just been replaced, and a new CEO will be stepping in. His name is Iger (kinda like "Igor"). For you Southern Baptists, remember that there is no longer a boycott (although many of you might not have even realized that there was one to start with). Iger comes in trying to jumpstart Disney's business. Here's why it's probably a good idea to invest: On top of the fact that there will be a change in management, the stocks are at a low right now, and this is just before the release of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

For more about Disney's power transfer, see http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/P131161.asp

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Jonathan...
nice BLOG.. LOL
well... we used to live in the same dorm (manly hall)

Zion

Sat Oct 01, 10:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sign me up!

Mon Oct 03, 12:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy! Sell! Buy! Sell!

Hoogaboogablaggableggbleep!

Sorry, that was just some Wallstreet stuff.

Mon Oct 03, 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

I would invest in Jonathan's sexy beach bod (in the picture of his other post).

Mon Oct 03, 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Take a doodoopie

Mon Oct 03, 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

My Top 5 Worst investments list:

1. Milk (it was a BAD choice)
2. WWJD Bracelets
3. Crystal Clear Gravy
4. The Game "Mouse Trap"
5. German Egg Nog flavored Liquor

Number 6 would be Saleem's Fish Supreme/Men's Fashion store.

Mon Oct 03, 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

It's called eggschplogen.

Mon Oct 03, 02:04:00 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

DUH it says Coca cola in ELVISH. C'mon man, didn't you get a Doctorate?! Now, go put on your midget decoder specs and try again. I'll be waiting with a midget in Michael's minicooper.

Mon Oct 03, 06:49:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wow. The good doctor spent a LOT of time putting his profile together. Especially since he doesn't have a blog. Wow.

Mon Oct 03, 08:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. If only I had some money to invest...
2. If only you didn't already tip everyone else to do it :) stock prices doubled when you posted this.

Bond

Tue Oct 04, 08:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home