Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Flesh vs Stone

In an article by Dr. Zaroff, M.D., he describes the process of removing a dysfunctional valve from the circulatory system of an elderly jew. He describes the valve as one that is "made of stone," and the interesting thing is that he replaces it with that of a pig.

He writes
I would remove his old-as-he-was valve, which was like a locked door. I would replace it with a new one that would allow the blood to freely move from his heart to his body.

He describes the process
The heart is exposed. Then the disease, a talus. More rock than I would have guessed. I remove the valve of rock and suture in the pig valve. A nice fit, I think. Perfect for his heart.

This whole procedure reminds me of what is described in Ezekiel 36:26
Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

thank you for your encouragement, ISb, it's actually kind of convicting too, because I do waste a lot of time posting about things that have no edification purposes for the church.

For example, see the post following this one.

Wed Oct 12, 12:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...

Wed Oct 12, 12:53:00 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

I was up studying for a midterm until 4am.

Wed Oct 12, 03:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u noe abt the looting and raping, and killings during the war against china in 1860s? those killers, rapists, and robbers are the westerners (like you) who always sing praises of god, but they done such sinful acts on the land of China, jon, what do u think of this? what do u call them? servants of Lord? who looted, raped, and killed ppl?

Fri Oct 21, 01:25:00 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Secretary,

My grandmother, Kiyoko Oki, was japanese and met my grandfather because he was stationed in Okinawa to PROTECT HER from the attacks of the Koreans.

You are very narrow-minded, racist, and regionalist to assume that every westerner is the same.

Do you know anyone from the 1860's who is still alive today?

I hope that you will experience kindness from Westerners in the future, however, your approach and attitude in stereotyping westerners does not help your cause or further your hopes of better relations between us.

Fri Oct 21, 02:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Thanks for clarifying Austin! You know history and weather!

But I realize that's what secretary was saying - I was just calling out his/her attitude towards westerners in general

Fri Oct 21, 05:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home