Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Evening Flight

Some of you already know this, but I had an interview this weekend at a church in Atlanta. I left Saturday evening and flew out of Atlanta. It was an awesome day: Florida LOST! Notre Dame, however, was robbed. So leaving Louisville, I had an amazing view of the moon over the city from my plane window, as at the time I was facing East.

When the plane turned around, there was a beautiful sunset just waiting on me. For those of you who know me, you know I'm a bit of a sucker for beautiful sunsets. This one was great. What a glorious creation. This sunset picture was taken over Nashville. Quite a populated city, as you can see from the photo.

Speaking of populated, it was dark when I arrived over Atlanta (see picture) and you can see how lit up the city is.




I got to my hotel room and there was a KING size bed waiting on me. It would only be cooler if there was a picture of "the king" from Burger King on the pillow. I can count the times I've had the opportunity to sleep on a king size bed, and that number doubled this weekend I think.

I had to jump on it before I took this picture, which is why it's not made. I've always had a twin bed, and I can tell you that as a single person there's really no need for a huge bed. I mean, seriously. Maybe those of you single people with huge beds can tell me why I'm wrong. This is up for discussion, but I personally just found the rest of the bed to be a big waste, to be honest.

9 Comments:

Blogger Scooter said...

Well, aren't you just living the jet-setting lifestyle? Flying here, flying there... flying everywhere!

And one of our friends is apparently flying to Germany soon.

I guess I'll just get on Windsor's roof and fly.

P.S. Come see us in Macon. The balcony's calling your name. Well, actually it's saying "Pablo... Pablo..." but it's talking about you.

Tue Oct 18, 07:32:00 AM  
Blogger Jeannine said...

nice sunset :). lucky you who gets a king size bed all to himself.

Tue Oct 18, 07:58:00 AM  
Blogger maltman1 said...

I was mad that you didn't visit me, either...until i read your brother's post. I'm guessing you didn't have a lot of time. Just FYI, don't rent a car if you don't gotta...I live 20 minutes from the Airport, and in ATL that's just around the corner. Call me if you need a lift the next time you jetset in, king.
oh, and check out my blog (thanks for the blogspot inspiration) about a ministry that I'm starting, "The Road Home", for troubled youth and children:

www.road-home-min.blogspot.com

Tue Oct 18, 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Jeff, if someone with a back problem wants to get baptized, I'll give them a rail to hold on to so they don't fall while I dunk them under.

Tue Oct 18, 12:49:00 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

I just noticed. Why all the hatin' against anonymous comments?

Tue Oct 18, 01:26:00 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Scooter,
I had to block anonymous because anonymous comments were "hatin'" all over the people who are brave enough to own up to their words here on my blog.

Tue Oct 18, 05:35:00 PM  
Blogger Nunzia said...

Great pictures... except for the Burger King pic. That guy seriously creeps me out!

Tue Oct 18, 06:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A"T"L" bay.bah

Tue Oct 18, 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

word.. derrty south

Wed Oct 19, 02:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home