Monday, September 26, 2005

Boys and Learnin'

Apparently guys don't like to study as much as girls. Or could it be that girls are more ambitious? I never would have guessed that there are that many more guys in schools than there are girls (I knew there was a slight difference), because I go to a school where guys are all I see. I would guess that there's about a 99% male ratio in my degree program. In fact, in my first two years here, there were only about 12 girls in all of my classes combined. So I forget how the real world works.

Currently, 135 women receive bachelor's degrees for every 100 men. That gender imbalance will widen in the coming years, according to a new report by the U.S. Dept Of Education...Nearly as many men are behind bars or on probation and parole (5 million) as are in college (7.3 million).
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20050923/cm_usatoday/biglackofmenoncampus

Why are there more women than men?

And then you have a disgusting thing happening on the "music scene"...

The "Cancer Dance" - We are soon going to be able to listen to a person's body being attacked by nature. Why would anyone want to enjoy the sound of degeneration and decay of human life? I would say that it's sick that people may find themselves in dance clubs celebrating the sound of an approaching death, but then that would be overlooking the fact that if they are in a dance club dancing, the chances are good that there are much worse things that they're "celebrating" such as adultery/cheating, drug use, murder, physical abuse, and the list of disgusting things could go on all day. Check it out...

British electronic music whizz Matthew Herbert is hoping to become the first musician ever to use the sound of cancer in a dance track..."My new record is going to be a disco record. So people might be out having a good time on a Saturday night but they might be dancing to a disco record and the beats are made from cancer," he smiles.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050924/od_afp/afpentertainmentmusicbritainfoodoffbeat_050924051705

He Smiles. I cringe.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sounds" scary. As if cancer wasn't enough...we have to "celebrate it"? I'm sure our loved one's with cancer would have similar sentiments as yourself J-Balla.

Mon Sep 26, 02:27:00 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

I think they're going to make a dance craze out of it, too, a la "The Macarena."

Maybe "The Cancerena"?

Wed Sep 28, 07:46:00 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Dude, this comment has nothing to do with this post (sorry); I just wanted to tell you about a cool online putt-putt game. Just go to my blog and click on the link for Mini-Putt 3. I don't know if you've played it or not, but it's cool.

Wed Sep 28, 01:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez Jonathan...
You know you could find a nice christian young woman if you didn't go to a seminary that bashed any dreams young women have of becoming ministers.

Fri Sep 30, 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

That has to be the gayest picture I've ever seen. For some reason there's nothing gayer than a bunch of muscley dudes standing together with their shirts off, yet muscley dudes always think it makes them look cool.

Mon Oct 03, 02:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....

nuff said



Bond

Tue Oct 04, 08:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home